For whom this post is for…
If you are a small business owner and have frustrated with your copy because of no sales.
If you are a big business owner then these basics of copywriting can make your copy more interesting.
If you are a copywriter and not finding your way to an amazing Million-Dollar copy then this will work.
If you are a blogger just want to improve your copywriting skills for your website then you are at the right place. So, let’s dive into our copywriting formula.
1. Headlines- Most of the copies remain unopen because of the low-grade headline. So, more attention should be given to headlines where the reader should feel something interesting, exciting or a surprise gift for him.
You can include humor or a powerful quote in the headline. Or asking a powerful question where no one talks about it. Statistics work because it gives credibility to your headline and it generates more open rates. Telling about current events can also work because people want something new and interesting. If you add listicles in your headlines include odd numbers to grab attention. Headlines with ‘Even if you or Without’ also work well.
Examples of great headlines can be found below:
- 5 Simple Techniques to Increase your work Efficiency.
- How to earn $13,500 or more a day using a simple one-page website with 1 hour of work a day.
- 7 Reasons why your Content doesn’t get Viral
- Are you tired of a 9-5 job and want to do what you love to do then book your seat now!
- How to Start Investing Even if you don’t have enough money?
2. Story- Why do you write a story in your copy?
To generate relatability with your audience. In the story, you don’t have to tell about yourself. A story about your product that is relatable to the people works well. Relatability helps the user to read your copy further and this shows that you understand the user’s problem.
3. Content- The main purpose of content is to generate credibility by adding more value to the audience. Here comes, convincing your reader that your product is the perfect solution for the problem. For that, you need to give enough information about the product, its USP and show some proven results, testimonials of successful customers, Awards, and recognition. Stay organized and explain through diagrams.
4. Visual Flow & Linear Thinking- Visual Flow matters a lot in copy as this decides that your copy will be read or not. Here’s an example for you. In the below image the user can easily read and understand.
Linear thinking means presenting your product information in bullet points or a step-by-step method. This technique helps the reader to remember the points quickly and understandable. By this, clarity comes into the user’s mind about your product.
5. Not Having a Killer Offer- For the product to be sold the offer should be unique and interesting for the user. He should feel like I am getting more than what I have paid. Show a clear pathway that gives the buyer what he wants and helps him to achieve that.
Great offers will surely lead the customer to buy the product. Including bonuses and gifts in your offer can increase your conversion rate.
6. E-mail Copy- Subject line of the email should interest the reader to open the email because the subject line determines whether your email will get opened or not. Irrespective of the quality of the email your write. Keep your headlines short. Be specific and use symbols in your headlines.
Create a connection and be personal in the body copy. Ensure that your email doesn’t go into the spam folder. Show proper CTAs and relevant links. While educating the audience in the email make clear what the audience needs to do further.
An email with a story builds a relationship with the users. For that you need to set up the environment, express emotions, tell the events in series, and come to the main point. But, what’s there for the user? Tell what lesson you have learned and what the user has to do. Then relate it to the story. Explain your product on a sales page, not in the email.
7. Funnels- What’s the Importance of Funnels in business?
Funnels help us to increase the conversion rate and decrease the ad cost. Funnels with the right offer can generate huge revenue in the business. So, the proper use of funnels is necessary for your business. I will tell you which type of funnels works well.
- Traditional Opt-in: It’s the traditional funnel but it works well. In this, you offer a free product for a name & email id. A low ticket offer is presented after the buyer has claim the free product. After that ask for a bump offer to add to the cart. Once the buyer purchases the program offers a upsell of the product in which the buyer is interested. Instead of upselling you can also offer a down-sell because the upsell might be expensive for the buyer. Without having a upsell/down-sell you cannot make much money.
- Webinar + Free Book: You drive the traffic from ads to your webinar page and offer a free book for a name & email id. And it’s a high-ticket webinar where you give valuable content and offer your high ticket product. Users will attract more because you are offering a physical copy of the book which gives instant gratification and your CTR increases.
- Low Ticket Sales: In this funnel, you direct the traffic to a low ticket sales page. Then a Bump offers to add to the cart. Once he purchases, offer a upsell because you cannot make money just with low tickets as low tickets cost more money to drive traffic.
8. Mobile-optimized and Auditory rhythm- As more no. of people visit your site through mobile so the copy should be mobile-optimized with a flow in it. Ignoring this would lose your audience and the revenue.
In auditory rhythm, you have to read your copy aloud and ensure that your copy doesn’t get along, and avoid overusing commas. This is important to keep the simplicity and flow.
I hope you have got some new techniques for writing an interesting copy. Just reading will not get results, you need to implement these steps in your business to see good results. How was the article, which types of articles do you want more? Tell me in the comment section. Thank you for reading my article!